Teaching Yoga in Nepal
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Volunteers Initiative Nepal (Empowering Marginalised Communities)
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
VIN aims to bring Yoga to Nepal. Yoga could give the underprivileged people of Nepal a better life that comes from within, away from the challenges and changes taking place on the outside. Inspired by the positive impact Project Air has had on victims of war crimes and rape in Rwanda VIN believes that making Yoga available to the poor and marginalised communities of Nepal would be an invaluable gift to support positive change.
Nepal is a rich country in many ways, full of contrast and wealth. However, it is struggling to find a modern identity in the midst of long-term poverty and continuing political struggle. The weight of poverty and discriminatory cultural traditions weigh heavily upon the most vulnerable; women and children.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
- Complete this online Application form;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee's contact details(refarances can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from VIN for acceptace;
- VIN will confirm payment and send pre depature pack online;
- Full payment for the volunteer placement should be paid during your induction.