Times of day
A few hours per week
The Book Club of California
312 Sutter Street
The Book Club of California is a nonprofit cultural center, publisher, and library dedicated to supporting and preserving the book arts, as well as the history and literature of the West. Our membership is made up of a diverse and vital community united by a love of fine books and the marriage of content and craft. BCC members include printers, binders, typographers, historians, librarians, curators, collectors, readers, scholars, and people who simply love books. They hail from all over the world, representing 38 states and 8 countries.
The Book Club seeks an amiable, punctual, and professional Programs & Events Volunteer to support the club’s weekly programs and operations. Volunteers will attend enlightening talks and presentations by renowned professionals in the book arts community and get to know the rich history present at the Book Club. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in event coordination and/or nonprofits. Candidates with an interest in literature, history, and the book arts preferred.
Programs and Events
· Prepare clubroom for Monday evening programs by helping with setup (chairs, tables, etc.)
- Volunteers MUST be available on (or some) Monday evenings
· Assist with preparations of hospitality for programs reception
· Assist with checking in guests and members
· Assist with breakdown of evening programs (clean up, putting away chairs, etc.)
· If available, support Programs Coordinator with other tasks as needed