Young Life Chicago South Suburbs Volunteer Leader
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Young Life Chicago South Suburbs
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Do you genuinely enjoy spending time with kids?
Do you want to have a positive impact on kids?
Do you have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ?
Consider volunteering some of your time with Young Life Chicago South Suburbs!
Some Expectations of Young Life Volunteers:
• Be a living witness for Jesus Christ and share His love in a relational way with every adolescent that you come in contact with daily.
• Reflect Christ in your attitudes and lifestyle at home, at school, at work, with peers, and at Young Life fellowships.
• Attend weekly club(s) and/or leadership meetings for fellowship, prayer, Bible study, training and planning.
• Be committed to spending time (approx. 2-6 hours weekly) with teens/preteens at Young Life clubs, Bible studies, kickbacks, special events, and camping trips.
We work with middle and high school students in the south suburbs immediately after school on certain weekdays, so volunteer leaders will need to have some availability in the 2:30-5:00 range during the school year. We currently serve youth from Hillcrest High School (Country Club Hills), Parker Junior High School (Flossmoor), and McKinley Junior High School (South Holland).
Leaders must pay $25 for a background check, fill out a faith and conduct form, and a driver questionnaire (if applicable).
What you get out of being a leader:
Working with teens and preteens as a Young Life leader will help you experience Jesus in new ways as you live out your calling as His disciple, grow your faith, and develop rich relationships with kids, staff, and other leaders. You will also acquire and further develop leadership skills that translate into other areas of life. Not to mention, it'll offer you a fun and exciting opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of young people.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
If you are interested, please send an email to Staff Associate and Wyldlife Coordinator, Raven Nance, at email@example.com.
In the email, please provide contact information, your full name, and a summary of who you are and/or why you are interested in volunteering with Young Life Chicago South Suburbs.