Permanent Residents and Naturalized Americans (PRANA) takes pride in advocating for the rights of immigrants while educating Americans and promoting social awareness about immigration issues. We are a non-profit organization looking for volunteers to join our team of passionate civil rights advocates.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Sr. Vice President, Strategic Partnership & Development, serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting PRANA. In partnership with the CEO, this position is responsible for all fundraising and development activities.
The successful candidate will help forge new relationships and strategic partnerships to build PRANA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources. The Sr. Vice President, Strategic Partnership & Development will also design and implement a comprehensive and strategic action/business plan for achieving PRANA’s goals and objectives by cultivating individual and philanthropic support, through the solicitation of major gifts, federal and state grants , corporate and foundation support and the initiation of special events, projects, and programs.
She or he will expand and diversify PRANA’s donor base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the VP will work closely with the Board of directors and support board members as they take on a more active fundraising role. It is expected that the amount raised by PRANA will increase in future years as the Sr. Vice President, Strategic Partnership & Development systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
- Co-chair the Development Committee with the Board Treasurer
- Support and partner with the CEO and Board Directors on all major fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer (CEO), the Board Treasurer and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to develop and implement PRANA’s financial strategy.
- Actively work with the CEO and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development and management strategy for corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
- Have primary responsibility for development and execution of all proposals; write and archive all proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach0
- Oversee the research of funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position PRANA ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to the Board
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development programs
- Identify, develop, and mentor the Development Committee.
- 7-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit and/or political organization;
- demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of having expanded, developed an organization and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside PRANA
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement organization vision into annual strategic development plan
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Customer focus
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- possess an extensive portfolio of political, corporations contacts (preferable)