Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Las Camelias 431
At Otra Cosa Network, our vision is equal opportunities in Peru for everyone to succeed and thrive.
We run five of our own projects, which are all part of the Huanchaco Education and Learning Programme (HELP). HELP is dedicated to advancing the education possibilities and resources for those living in lower-income communities in Huanchaco and the surrounding shanty towns. Alongside this, we support several partner organisations in the area, as well as in two remote locations in northern Peru.
You will ensure that Otra Cosa Network is able to maximise volunteer recruitment, as well as help with the management of both our online and local presence. This is a really key role, as without this work, we would struggle both to find volunteers for our projects and to communicate effectively with our supporters and the local community.
Volunteer Roles/ Working Hour
- Assisting with development and implementation of direct marketing solicitations and membership mailings
- Managing online marketing, such as updating Facebook, twitter, press releases, etc
- Managing offline marketing, such as updating flyers, posters, etc
- Assisting with production of newsletters and other publications
- Assisting preparing & implementing any OCN events
- Working hours can be flexibly arranged
- Spanish Level to Start Project: No Spanish needed
- Native (or fully fluent) English speaker
- Time Commitment: Min 3 months
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Confidence, enthusiasm and commitment to the cause
- Excellent communication ability – both written and verbal
- Research skills
- Knowledge of finance and money management a bonus
- Creativity and the ability to be proactive are desirable qualities in a volunteer.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers