Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
4001 9th Ave NE
The BLOCK Project Neighborhood Activator advocates for thriving neighborhood by living out Facing Homelessness’ mission of inviting community to be a part of ending homelessness.
As a Neighborhood Activator, you will be the face of Facing Homelessness on BLOCK neighborhoods. Sharing our vision with volunteers on build sites, seeking out personal touches with neighbors to energize them around The BLOCK Project you will be the immediate link between the Project and the communities.
By acknowledging and guiding the interests and talents of BLOCK neighbors, you awaken the compassionate spirits of the community.
We are seeking an energetic neighborhood organizer who is meticulous and relationship driven.
*Hours include regular weekend
The BLOCK Project is a community building project for all, and a housing initiative for those living unsheltered. It invites community into the task of ending homelessness by placing a small home in the backyard of residential lots, with a vision to build one BLOCK Home on every residential block in Seattle.
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- On Site BLOCK Volunteer Coordination (55%)
- Ensures build site protocol is followed, including: volunteer registration and orientation, site organization, field documentation, and emergency protocol
- Acts as a link between volunteers, lead builder and Facing Homelessness staff
- Neighborhood Development (15%)
- Creates a structure / program to maximize community engagement, leverage their skills and expertise, advancing our vision.
- Proactively identifies community groups and organizations that are aligned with our mission, and activates them to be a part of our work.
- BLOCK Resident Integration (10%)
- Aids in the facilitation of BLOCK Meetings, which take place before construction of new BLOCK Homes is initiated
- Aids in the Coordination of BLOCK Care Teams to welcome and support new BLOCK Residents
- Volunteer Acknowledgement (10%)
- Executes a culture of gratitude for anyone touching The BLOCK Project in the neighborhood including our current volunteers and neighborhood advocates;
- Creates a neighborhood specific program to implement light, personal touches. Stakeholders understand the value of their contribution, and feel delighted and surprised by our acknowledgement.
- Communication (10%)
- Responds to one on one inquiries from BLOCK neighbors
- Direct community members interests to mobilize their talents
- Reports all neighborhood findings to community Activator to create a community engagement program that is neighborhood centric
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send cover letter (be sure to touch on availability) and resume