OneOC: Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Volunteers Needed for the Orange County Food Bank in Garden Grove
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by OneOC
Orange County Food Bank
11870 Monarch Street
The Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), is a free members-only program through the Corporation of National Community Service for adults age 55 and beyond. Established in 1971, RSVP is one of the largest senior volunteer organizations in the nation with more than 360,000 volunteers. Volunteers can use the skills and talents they’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within our community.
OneOC hosts RSVP volunteers in local Orange County nonprofits to ensure that those most in need of education, food security, food delivery and employment receive the help they need most. RSVP volunteers choose where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours a month to 40 hours per week.
Benefits of RSVP:
- Personalized Matching — RSVP Orange County has over three decades of experience in matching volunteers with opportunities to meet community needs. We are here to find you the right opportunity for your passions, skills, interests, and your schedule
- Volunteer Insurance — excess accident medical coverage while volunteering
- Recognition — members are eligible for annual recognition including the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards, special events and more
- Community Engagement — newsletters, e-news, website including new opportunities, events, training opportunities and more
Organization: Community Action Partnership of Orange County is committed to enhance the quality of life in Orange County by eliminating and preventing the causes and effects of poverty. The Orange County Food Bank operates several separate and distinct food programs.
Location: 11870 Monarch Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841
Hours of Volunteer Service: RSVP volunteers can give 2-40 hours weekly, whatever fits your lifestyle! Weekly time commitment for this position is a minimum of 2 hours. Hours of operation 8:00am – 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Wage: This is a volunteer opportunity.
Position: Warehouse and Clerical volunteers are needed for the Orange County Food Bank in Garden Grove.
Warehouse Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sorting food; Store food products properly, by packaging, labeling, sorting, and shelving items in compliance with health codes and department procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance of the warehouse to include general housekeeping, disposal of inedible food items.
- Ability to multi-task in areas needed under close supervision
- Clerical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computer Skills: Data Entry, MS Word, Excel, Internet
- File Maintenance
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible to participate as an RSVP Volunteer, the candidate must be age 55 or older and complete the RSVP application.