Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Young people participating in Rainier Scholars work hard in challenging academic programs, and many need tutoring support to help them through difficult classes. Rainier Scholars is seeking volunteer tutors to help students who are finding their classes particularly challenging.
- Tutoring Subject: Math (Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry)
- Work one on one with middle school or high school students to increase math skills
- Encourage students to solve problems on their own while helping them work through concepts and equasions
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Patience and flexibility to respond to the changing needs of students
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of math concepts and applications; ability to teach the subject you are tutoring
Frequency and Location:
- We are looking for a Math tutor who has availability around 3:30/4:00 pm on Tuesdays/Thursdays in West Seattle.
- International Volunteers