Donation Room Volunteer
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Crossroads Rhode Island Domestic Violence Program
Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Domestic Violence Program receives many generous in-kind donations used to assist clients to rebuild their lives. Help is needed to organize in-kind donations to help facilitate distribution of items.
Duties may include:
- Washing, Folding and sorting clothing and linen donations.
- Neatly organizing household goods and other items.
- Sorting through large donations to determine desirable and unusable donations.
- Removing unwanted or unusable donations.
- Putting together Household Items for clients moving out.
- Communicating with volunteer coordinator on donations needed.
Time Commitment: Minimum 2 - 4 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 AM and 8:30 PM seven days per week. Six months - One year commitment.
Skills Needed: Excellent Organizational skills. BCI & DCYF check required. Ability to maintain client confidentiality. Ability to move and lift items up to 25 lbs.
How To Apply
For more information or to apply, please contact:
Domestic Violence Program Volunteer Coordinator