A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
22603 Pacific Coast Highway
One of Sea Save Foundation's ongoing projects is a map called Wins for Fins (http://seasave.org/what-we-do/wins-for-fins/). The purpose of Wins for Fins is to present and inspire the public with the many successes that have been won in an effort to stop unsustainable shark finning. Wins for Fins is an online global map created to illustrate geographically victories that have been won. The Wins for Fins google map reveals the momentum that the ocean conservation community has gained and it gives us hope. It also serves as a resource center where we can find accumulated data about anti shark finning policy wins.
We are looking for a volunteer interested int working with international conservation issues to maintain this map. The volunteer will keep stay updated on new laws passed or new businesses announcing their stance that will be added to the map. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 458-1020.
- Discuss development of project timeline and action items required to meet goal
- Maintain up-to-date map of 'Wins for Fins'
- Write copy for new entries
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Google docs required
- Good writing, presentation, organization, and communication skills
- Experience within the environmental or conservation movement preferred
- International Volunteers