A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
5225 Pooks Hill Rd, Suite 1701N
Bethesda, MD 20814
Work remotely with talented peers on a rewarding, nonprofit program as part of Rare Genomics Institute’s RareShare team. Engage with RareShare’s online disease-specific communities to facilitate the exchange of information, build interest and encourage participation. Reach out to community leaders to learn about needs and ensure consistency in RareShare member interactions. Track and monitor RareShare metrics on website usage, membership and community activity. Monitor inquiries to the RareShare online support mailbox.
As a RG Community Manager you will work with the RareShare team and become its chief liaison to its disease-focused communities. You will seek to build rich, meaningful relationships with rare disease audiences and learn about their specific needs. This information can be communicated back to RG to gain actionable insights.
- Engage effectively with communities and users of RareShare’s website and social media sites.
- Enhance RareShare identity and awareness through social media campaigns and engagement.
- Manage outbound and inbound user communication; address feedback and inquiries and become a trusted companion to the RareShare patient community.
- Develop and execute community strategies.
- Regularly update the external news link list on the RareShare website.
- Develop innovative strategies to drive traffic to RareShare platform.
- Attend weekly evening team teleconference calls.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A degree in management, biomedical science or a related discipline are preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective communication to clients, internal staff and the management team.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and initiative when working with others.
- Passion for learning and serving rare disease communities.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, self-starter environment.
- International Volunteers