We need your help at our habitat restoration events!
Every spring and fall Great River Greening holds outdoor events where people come from near and far to get their hands dirty and restore public natural spaces. Events range in size from 50 to 350 people who work together to remove brush, stabilize shorelines, and plant trees and flowers (www.greatrivergreening.org/vol-events)
We need to track all of the people who participate in these events, make sure everyone is energized with food and water, and generally keep an organized and comfortable atmosphere for these very hard working volunteers. This is where you come in!
- Pre-event set-up (help hang signs, set up tables and chairs)
- Check in volunteers as they arrive (welcome and inform volunteers, keep track of attendance)
- Lunch serving (help set-up lunch space, receive lunch delivery, serve food to volunteers in sanitary and organized fashion)
- Post-event clean-up (tear down tables and chairs, help box up supplies)
Other notes and considerations:
- Time commitments generally range between 1 to 3 hours per event
- All events are held outdoors, most are held under a pavilion or large event tent
- Because of scheduling, you can volunteer as BOTH an Event Assistant and a Restoration Volunteer at the same event!
- Most Event Assistant tasks can be done while seated
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers