Community Outreach Coordinator - AmeriCorps Position
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Pensacola Habitat for Humanity
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Come serve, learn, lead, and explore in Northwest Florida! Located in the panhandle of the Sunshine State, Pensacola has some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Our AmeriCorps members play an integral role in providing leadership on our project sites, engaging volunteers to become champions for our mission, and creating new tools and systems to build capacity. AmeriCorps members lead and work alongside over 4,000 community volunteers throughout their service year building affordable homes for families in our community. They are given coaching and insight with their own professional development while contributing to the positive good of the local community.
The AmeriCorps member completes 1700 hours within 11 months of service working 36-40 hours/week. In addition to a living stipend of up to $12,530 and a $5,775 education award, Pensacola Habitat provides rent-free housing for members (a security deposit of $100 is required).
Community Outreach Coordinator - Communications: Create greater awareness about, interest in, and resources for Pensacola Habitat for Humanity’s mission, vision and current activity through relationship building with established donors, volunteers, faith partners, corporate connections, and the general public.
Responsibilities of the position
- Assist in coordination of quarterly dedication celebrations to acknowledge home buyer, volunteers, donors and staff.
- Assist in coordination of quarterly breakfast events to build relationships with existing donors and
- Assist in coordination of annual Community summit to expand knowledge of issues related to community development.
- Working with Volunteer Services, develop and implement the annual gathering/celebration.
- Working with Volunteer Services, assist in guiding volunteer driven leadership and committees for Women Build.
- Develop organized database of statistics, stories and studies for use in grant writing and advocacy
- Assist in the implementation of the Hot Wheels Food Truck Festival.
- Working with the Communications Associate, develop a general content Pensacola Habitat for Humanity video presentation.
- Assist in coordination of faith initiative to include quarterly breakfast events and an annual build
BA in Communications, PR, or related field
· Valid driver’s license and ability to meet host site’s insurance requirements
· Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word/Excel)
· Knowledge of, and willingness to promote, the mission and activities of Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps
· Ability to work with a diverse group of people of all backgrounds and education levels
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong research skills
· Detail oriented and highly organized
· Experience working as a member of a team
· Knowledge of community development practices
· Project management experience preferred
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
How To Apply
Go to https://www.habitat.org/about/careers/pensacola-hfh-national-community-outreach-coordinator and scroll down to the bottom. Click the Apply Now button to apply. We hope to hear from you soon!