Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Public Relations Specialist performs an essential role by helping AsylumConnect increase its public image and the public’s awareness of its services. This person researches reporters, publications, communities, and individuals that are either active or interested in assisting LGBTQ asylum seekers, and creates and maintains targeted media lists for the organization. After researching appropriate points of contact, this person makes initial contact to promote AsylumConnect and its services to key media reporters and outlets.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Marketing and Publicity
- Conduct research to support PR planning
- Aid in researching media contacts, new outlets and other investigative activities
- Create and maintain media lists
- Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics (e.g. web analytics)
- Distribute AsylumConnect promotional material such as newsletters and press kits to appropriate media contacts
Your core tasks would include:
- Build targeted media lists for web and print outlets as well as digital influencers
- Manage media relationships
- Create and distributing press releases
- Send out pitches to secure media coverage
- Secure byline placements
- Secure podcast interviews
- Research speaking opportunities at programs and events
- Research awards opportunities and draft awards submissions
- Monitor relevant keywords
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and complete tasks on schedule
- Ability to meet production deadlines and maintain accuracy in all publicity and projects
- Proficient in MailChimp, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, and other software as relates to Public Relations
- Ability to exercise initiative and use good judgment when/where appropriate
- Previous experience in PR/communications strongly preferred
How To Apply
Please send us an email with the following information:
- Please send us your CV or resume
- Let us know, why AsylumConnect?
- What city do you live in, and interested in making an impact in?
- Please let us know details around your experience.