AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer - Community Engagement & Resource Development
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Neighborhood of Affordable Housing - Boston, MA
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Neighborhood of Affordable Housing
143 Border St.
Neighborhood of Affordable Housing, Inc. seeks an outstanding individual to provide one year of service through AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America). Neighborhood of Affordable Housing, Inc. (NOAH) is a community-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide resources and opportunities to low-income families and communities. Our AmeriCorps VISTA will function as a core part of our staff devoted to bringing low-income individuals and communities out of poverty. The VISTA will conduct activities such as grant writing, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and management, marketing (including social media), reporting, etc., working to help stabilize communities and build personal and community assets in low- and moderate-income communities.
This position requires a commitment to serve full-time for a one-year period beginning Tuesday, August 21, 2018. Compensation is paid directly to VISTA Members in the form of a modest biweekly living allowance from AmeriCorps VISTA ($791.70 every two weeks). Additionally, NOAH provides two extra benefits to Members who serve with us: a $400 monthly housing stipend paid directly to your landlord, and a monthly MBTA pass (worth $84.50).
Lastly, Members are eligible to receive benefits, including a health care benefit, a relocation allowance, the option of choosing an end of service stipend in the form of an education award or cash stipend, and more. For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA, see http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
Training and Qualifications:
- At least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to handle multiple on-going projects
- Relevant non-profit or community development experience (volunteering counts!)
- Computer skills required (including MS Office products proficiency)
- Spanish language skills a plus
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment and follow-through
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Critical thinking and strategic planning skills
- The ability to work independently and as a team
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please include both a resume and a cover letter in your application. Thank you for your interest!