Outreach Associate AmeriCorps VISTA
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by ReSOURCE: A Nonprofit Community Enterprise
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
ReSOURCE: A Nonprofit Community Enterprise Inc.
329 Harvest Lane
This is a 12 month AmeriCorps VISTA position that will support ReSOURCE’s Development & Communications Department with a particular focus on building the capacity of the organization through developing a network of community partnerships in support of ReSOURCE’s mission. Members will provide development support and resources from participation in community events to creating new systems to support the growth and development of outreach efforts. They will also engage with store staff and customers to tell ReSOURCE’s story, pursue new reuse opportunities, build our network of community support, and more.
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization with a mission to empower individuals and strengthen Vermont communities through workforce development, poverty relief, and environmental stewardship. ReSOURCE’s job training and education programs provide life changing experiences and create paths to avoid poverty for youth and Vermonters in need of employment.
Goals of this position:
- Support ReSOURCE’s Development and Reuse operations including: outreach, community research, networking and partnership building, committees, coordination, and events.
- Engages in Community Awareness & Engagement Activities with a larger focus on exploring new mutually beneficial community partnerships with local businesses, and other organizations.
- Assist in the creation of the tools needed to support our growing reuse operations at the local level helping ensure the sustainability of ReSOURCE and our programs.
- Build upon ReSOURCE’s communications tracking tools to manage existing relationships while building new ones and coordinating with staff to outline the process to build and maintain relationships.
- Continue development of marketing & branding, with an emphasis on building upon a new website, blog, social media, and content support.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- College Degree preferred.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with constituents, customers, business partners, and the general public.
- Demonstrate strong professional writing skills, computer proficiency, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to personal vehicle.
- Commitment to ReSOURCE’s, and AmeriCorps missions.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Timeline & Benefits
The candidate for this position will be selected by August. An AmeriCorps pre-service orientation is required hosted by AmeriCorps. The position will start at ReSOURCE in Williston August 20th. Each AmeriCorps VISTA member will receive a living allowance, paid on a bi-weekly basis, based on the local poverty rate, and a housing subsidy to cover a portion of the member’s monthly rental expenses. AmeriCorps members earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award for successful completion of the program. More information about AmeriCorps is available at nationalservice.gov.
How to Apply
Apply with resume, cover letter, and 3-references (only complete applications will be accepted) to: email@example.com. Please specify your interest is in the Outreach Associate AmeriCorps VISTA position. Save paper – electronic submissions only please!
ReSOURCE serves diverse populations throughout Vermont. As a workplace, ReSOURCE is strengthened by diverse perspectives. ReSOURCE seeks applicants who reflect the diversity within Vermont and who bring unique talents and strengths to ReSOURCE’s programs. This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer. Services to individuals with disabilities are available upon request.