Child Advocacy Volunteer Opportunity for College Students
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Union County, Inc.
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
1143-45 East Jersey Street--2nd Floor
Every year more than half a million abused and neglected children across this country are in need of safe, permanent, nurturing homes. Too many spend years moving from one temporary home to another, and are more likely than other children to face homelessness, unemployment and even prison as adults.
CASA was created to ensure the abuse and neglect these children suffered at home doesn't continue at the hands of the system. CASA trains volunteers to become advocates who are then appointed by judges to be a voice for these children in court and in their community. The goal is for each child to be placed into a safe, loving home where he/she have permanency and can thrive.
College students with CASA of Union County volunteer with our development and program staff to ensure the organization has the resources and support necessary to do this critical work. CASA of Union County seeks students each semester to help staff continue to make CASA thrive and reach as many abused, neglected and abandoned children as possible. Some recent volunteer responsibilities include:
- Entering and analyzing case data;
- Organizing and prepping for special events;
- Developing outreach materials and engaging in community outreach;
- Drafting articles for newsletters;
- Creating social media content;
- Updating paper and digital case files for program staff;
- Attending court with staff and volunteer advocates;
- Preparing training materials;
- Assisting with volunteer recognition; and
- Researching opportunities to expand the volunteer base.
Students commit to volunteering approximately 10-15 hours per week for the semester. Start and end dates are flexible based on school schedules.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please contact Lisa Poris at email@example.com to receive an application, or you can download the application from our website at http://www.casaofunioncounty.org/newpage1. To apply, you will need to submit the application along with a cover letter and resume to Lisa Poris.