A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Young people participating in Rainier Scholars work hard in challenging academic programs, and many need tutoring support to help them through difficult classes. Rainier Scholars is seeking volunteer tutors to help students who are finding their classes particularly challenging.
- Tutoring Subject: French
- Work one-on-one or with small groups of middle school and/or high school students to increase French skills
- Encourage students to solve problems on their own while helping them work through concepts
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Patience and flexibility to respond to the changing needs of students
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding and ability to teach French
Frequency and Location:
- We are looking for a French tutor who has availability on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in the Ballard area.
- International Volunteers