Times of day
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Lava Mae HQ
1119 Fillmore Street
ABOUT LAVA MAE:
Lava Mae is a San Francisco-based nonprofit bringing humanity, innovation, and collaboration to the way services are provided to those experiencing homelessness. Our work is rooted in three beliefs:
1. Opportunity unfolds when people are treated with dignity.
2. When it comes to dignity, society has different standards for those with resources vs those who lack them.
3. Delivering an unexpected level of care to people moving through homelessness restores dignity, rekindles optimism, and fuels a sense of opportunity.
We call this Radical Hospitality and taking it to the streets has become our mission
ABOUT THE POSITION
Bring your people skills, creativity and initiative! We are looking for an exceptional individual to help us coordinate our army of dedicated volunteers for our mobile hygiene service and Pop-Up Care Villages. We need our Volunteer Coordinator to manage our growing need for volunteers and to ensure that they have a fun and meaningful experience.
Help us find, train, develop, and reward volunteers as they perform critical work within our organization. You will become part of a dynamic team committed to making a difference by taking radical hospitality to the street.
● Coordinate individual volunteers and volunteer service groups with appropriate activities.
● Find additional sources for volunteers such as corporate give-back days, veterans associations, service organizations, etc. Use social media outlets to retain and attract volunteers and donors.
● Use technology to manage volunteer schedules, assignments, and reporting.
● Update training materials as needed for incoming volunteers on what to expect while working with us.
● Get to know our volunteers to discover other skills and talents they might wish to contribute. Track volunteer satisfaction and enjoyment.
● Plan volunteer recognition events, celebrations, and activities. Help manage projects on corporate workdays.
● Excellent presentation, planning, and organizational skills.
● Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
● Ability to manage large numbers of volunteers at different levels of expertise with diplomacy.
● Knowledge of computer software including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media and other digital outreach.
● Your a people person with a friendly outgoing attitude, sense of humor, and strong customer service skills.
Ideal commitment: 15 - 20 hours per week.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Tell us why you love Lava Mae and how you think you can help us elevate + amplify our volunteer efforts.