A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
General Description/Position Summary
Mentor Connector (MC) is open to all college students looking for a 10 month long postion. The Mentor Connector is at the crux of the mentoring relationship between the mentee and the mentor, and requires someone with skills in communication, organization, time-management, outreach, impact, and social awareness. MCs will report directly to the Mentoring Program Administrator (MPA), providing all necessary information in an expedient manner. MCs must also maintain a calendar of scheduled mentoring sessions between all mentees and their mentors, sending reminder emails, follow-up emails for reflections, and communicating and important information. The MC does not serve as a source of mentoring guidance, and must submit all such queries to the Mentoring Program Administrator for further action. MCs must also conduct the Career Learning and School Selection (CLASS) process with all track progress of both. All information must be properly collected and sorted into the shared Google Drive and weekly updates of what has been shared must be reported to the MPA. Finally, the MC is also considered an advocate of SPEAK Mentorship, and must remind mentees and mentors of related events held by SPEAK Mentorship.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Complete Mentor Connector training including understanding of program process
• Initiating and maintaining ongoing communicating with mentors, mentees, and SPEAK admin to ensure the progress of the mentoring program for all audiences
• Travels to site school to coordinate mentoring sessions, with the assistance of site school staff
• Maintains open communications and seeks assistance from site school to address effective program implementation
• Conduct mentoring training with mentees at orientation under direct supervision of program coordinator
• Conduct ongoing CLASS process with mentees
• Organizing and keeping track of mentoring sessions, ensuring they are being held as scheduled
• Program data collection
• Organize all information in Google Drive folders and send updates to program coordinator about collected materials
• Share information about other SPEAK Mentorship programs with program team
• All other duties assigned.
· Current College Student, pursuing degree in social work or education preferred
· Ability to professionally interact with different people of different ages
· Computer literate and technologically proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications (Google Suite).
· Excellent Communication skills and ability to organize around other people’s schedules
· Highly organized and motivated.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with attention to detail, handle interruptions, maintain focus on tasks and produce accurate work in a fast-paced environment and under deadline pressure.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and a strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
· Knowledge of and commitment to serving girls of immigrant or first-generation backgrounds, and advocating for their development as they pursue knowledge of careers before transitioning from high school to college
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided