- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Eternal Life Organization International Ministries
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
plot 644, Nsereko Gregory Road. Kiwatule - Najeera Road
Education interns team-teach or directly teach various different subjects at both primary and secondary schools. Volunteers work with teachers to improve participatory teaching methodologies, classroom management, parental involvement, and gender equality among others in the classroom. They also create after-school programs, clubs, and camps for boys and girls to promote HIV/AIDS prevention and life skills. They are expected to provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
Activities are likely to include some or all of the following:
- Teach one or more of the following: English language, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music.
- Share resources and develop teaching materials with teachers through co-teaching and co-planning
- Assist in developing and implementing plans for the curriculum program assigned
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
- Assist in planning for and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Identify student needs and cooperate with staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned, e.g. youth clubs or library development.
- Become involved in community and school-based projects.
- Training Provided
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers