A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
The role of PR and Communications Volunteer will support the organization and Senior PR consultant in cultivating relationships with local/national media and gaining exposure for our projects.
Support our digital campaigns and assist with the launch of digital/funding campaigns.
The PR Lead will have the opportunity to implement ideas, processes, and best practices under the supervision of the Founder.
- Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
- Create and distribute press releases
- Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
- Maintain up-to-date on press leads and prospect records
- Create engaging content for upcoming events
- Communicating and building relationships with current or prospective partners
- Fully supporting Executive Director in PR pitches and executing media outreach
- Effectively utilize company’s social media and blogs
- Assist in administrative duties
- Assist in the scheduling, and coordination of various project based events
- Perform research and market analysis activities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to express our vision via written, and visual media.
- Knowledge of journalism, public relations, or communications methods.
- An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
- Solid understanding of multiple social media networks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Efficiency at MS Office
- Passion for the PR industry