A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
340 S Lemon Ave #8979
Uganda Village Project facilitates community health and well-being in rural Uganda through improved access, education, and prevention. You can help us make a difference by joining our Board.
Board members are responsible for overseeing the organization's programmatic activities and organizational strategy. Board members meet monthly using online videoconference to review projects, discuss administrative priorities, and support efforts to grow and strengthen Uganda Village Project. Current members are located throughout the United States and Uganda.
Time commitment: Board positions are one year renewable terms usually starting and ending in January and requiring approximately 2-5 hours a week.
Skills, abilities, and knowledge required:
- Enthusiasm, dedication to service, willingness to make a commitment for sustained involvement
- We are looking for self-starters who can manage their own time and are comfortable being involved in a geographically diverse organization with most meetings and projects managed online.
- Past board experience is a plus, as is expertise in a particular field of relevance to nonprofits, such as accounting, fundraising, law, or others.
- Past or current experience in Uganda is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce software would also be a plus as we are trying to implement this currently.
- Participate in monthly Executive Board member meetings via online call
- Participate in the annual in-person Executive Board member meeting
- Vote upon important issues facing the organization, such as financial plans, project goals, changes in organizational structure, and fundraising strategies
- Pursue or establish an official relationship with an external organization
- Maintain responsibility for how UVP is publicly presented
- Maintain official UVP documents
- Maintain appropriate contact with partner organizations
- Accomplish any additional administrative work
- Raise or donate at least $1000 towards UVP’s work in Uganda (fundraising requirement may be waived in lieu of commensurate contributions in other areas)
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Email a letter of interest detailing qualifications/experience and a resume/CV to Info@UgandaVillageProject.org.