A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
15 Main Street
Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for maintaining accurate files for all potential and existing grant-funded projects. Grant writers will report directly to the Executive Director of Media Literacy Now.
Incumbent is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources:
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
Time Commitment: Approximately 5-10 Hours Per Week
- Stipend Provided
- International Volunteers