Strengthen ATC’s online presence, communications and content
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by The Appropriate Technology Collaborative
Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Marketing and Online Presence Volunteer:
Work with ATC and AEIDS staff in Guatemala to present our story and our success to attract more volunteer assistance and private donations. Help us grow our work into a movement for an ecological and socially just world.
- Professional experience in marketing and online communications
-Previous experience in web design, video editing or marketing with samples to show us in advance.
- Ability to work independently on the Project. You are self-organized and self-motivated.
-Willingness to help with sudden small projects (1 day) as needed by administration and staff
-Ability to take quality fotos or videos. A good camera and you know how to use it.
1. Optimize Apptechdesign.org in all the major search engines and report on analytics.
a. Purpose: We need to understand who is interested in us and how to convert their visit into action.
- Search Engine Optimization:
- Purpose: Increase Targeted Key Words to 15 – 25
- Web Content Creation: Work with ATC staff to create content that drives visitors into action, donating, wanting newsletters, or signing up for volunteer solar installations.
- Purpose: Help us achieve 1-3 Website Goals (donations, volunteers or newsletters).
- Social Media Campaign. Work with staff to set an achievable goal for yourself, create a strategy and indicate expected outcomes.
- Purpose: Increase awareness & response to our volunteer program for solar
- Blog Writer – visit our projects and talk with our beneficiaries. Publish in Press Releases, video, social media, online press.
- Purpose: Bring stories & photos from the field to our international supporters.
- Video Maker – Film us in action at a project or installation. Interview beneficiaries and volunteers, create an attractive story in a 1 – 5 minute video.
These activities may include visits into rural communities, time spent with our technologies and its users to document in photos and writing our work and effects.
- Help you create content and communicate with you every day to keep you advancing in your project.
- Give you a nice cabin to stay in rural guatemala that has high speed internet, a small outdoor kitchen, and beautiful views.
- If you like, we will set you up with a community homestay for up to a week in order to document rural life and technology usage.
- Housing Available
- Language/Cultural Support Available
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Submit your written letter of introduction, your Curiculum Vitae, and any samples or examples of related previous work.
Appropriate applicants will have a Skype/phone meeting with ATC to discuss intersections between your skills and interests, your ability and interest to be in the field (isolated rural communities) and your personal goals for this project with ATC.