FIVE AmeriCorps VISTA positions in Spokane County beginning November 13th!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by United Way of Spokane County
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We're recruiting! Spokane County United Way has SEVEN new AmeriCorps VISTA positions open beginning November 13th - five in Spokane County and two in Wellpinit. These are full-time, one-year volunteer positions building capacity in local nonprofits - five in Spokane County and two in Wellpinit. Benefits include a small stipend, professional experience, a healthcare allowance, relocation reimbursement, and more!
About AmeriCorps VISTA
AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. VISTA members generally do not provide direct services such as tutoring children or building homes. Instead, they focus their efforts on building the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, and otherwise assist low-income communities. Over 8,000 VISTAs are placed each year in more than 3,000 sites across the U.S.
• Recovery Café / Community-Minded Enterprises is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA continue to expand financial resources, develop a volunteer recruitment and engagement system, and build community awareness of the Recovery Café. Apply online at https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=81529&fromSearch=true
• The Homeless Youth Systems Development Coordinator at Volunteers of America will continue data collection and analysis to support countywide planning efforts to respond to needs of homeless youth, and expand, strengthen or develop local community partnerships serving homeless youth. https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=81527&fromSearch=true
• Spark Central is seeking a tech-savvy VISTA Member to continue to adapt programs and membership to the needs of West Central residents, develop curriculum kits, coordinate and support volunteers as well as design a system to keep our community-accessed resources and technology working, up-to-date, and accessible to those with limited tech experience. https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=84097&fromSearch=true
• The Marketing VISTA at SNAP Financial Access will continue to improve marketing strategies, create original content and manage social media as well as recruit and manage skills-based volunteers. https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=84136&fromSearch=true
• The Dental Access Program Developer at Operation Healthy Family is focused on their oral health initative, expanding options for access to free or low cost dental education, prevention and treatment. The Year 3 VISTA will continue to create sustainability and build organization-wide capacity. Visit http://www.volunteerspokane.org/need/detail/?need_id=372482 for additional info.
• We are seeking two VISTA Members to work with Spokane Tribe of Indians on the Wellpinit Core Revitalization Plan. One will act as a communication liaison and the other will develop an infrastructure action plan. Both positions include grant writing and resource development. To find out more visit http://www.volunteerspokane.org/need/detail/?need_id=372943 and http://www.volunteerspokane.org/need/detail/?need_id=372941
Basic Requirements & Desired Skills
High School Diploma/GED. Some positions require a bachelor's degree or higher. Ability to work independently on long-term projects and work with others as part of a team.
Applicants must be 18 years old at time of start date and must have one of the following citizenship or residency classifications: U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, Lawful Permanent Resident Aliens, and persons legally residing in a state that have the following legal residency classifications: refugee, asylum or asylee, temporary protected status or deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) status.
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided