Thinking about Teaching Math/Science? Apply for the EnCorps Teaching Fellowship for STEM Professionals
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by EnCorps STEM Teachers Program
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Have You Ever Thought About Teaching?
You have a career’s worth of expertise; now inspire the next generation of innovators by teaching in high needs schools. The EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellowship is more than a volunteer opportunity; EnCorps is an on-ramp to and exploration of a career in teaching, offering you the field experience, knowledge and connections to ensure you thrive. Because of our direct service opportunities, professional development, and extensive support, EnCorps Fellows are well prepared to be successful educators, and are able to work effectively with students in public and charter schools around the Bay Area in a highly supported, low risk way.
As a professional coming from a STEM industry, you are uniquely positioned to inspire and engage students who need you most – those in our country’s most disadvantaged schools. California’s youth are struggling with STEM literacy and achievement. You can do something about it!
Apply to the EnCorps Fellowship online at http://encorps.org/apply
The EnCorps Fellowship is a selective unpaid experience for STEM professionals who are interested in exploring their role in teaching and education. EnCorps has received local, state, and national recognition for the quality of its program. The Fellowship is designed to be fit alongside a full time job or other life obligations.
- Immediate field experience working with high need students as a tutor and/or guest teacher
- Mentorship from EnCorps staff and an experienced host teacher
- Exam support and credentialing guidance (including counseling on paying for your credential)
- Robust slate of professional development
- Collaborative cohort of peers to share ideas, support and best practices
- Opportunity to work in and network with a variety of public schools
“One of my passions in life is to see people live up to their potential. I have such fun watching my students grow and accomplish what I know they can do.” -EnCorps Fellow LaTeira Haynes
How To Apply
Who Should Apply?
EnCorps Fellows come from a diverse range of STEM industries, but share a core commitment to public service and teaching in high needs schools. You do NOT need prior experience in education. Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:*
- Three or more years of science, technology, engineering or math industry or research experience
- Do not currently hold a California single subject teaching credential
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree with a 2.50 GPA or higher
- Currently live in an area we serve (Greater San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Sacramento Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, Orange County, San Diego)
- Fully eligible to work in the United States (US Citizen, Permanent Resident, Work Visa)
Selection for the 2018 Cohort is underway! Apply online at http://encorps.org/apply in order to participate in one of our Interview Days:
- (Tue) February 6, 2018 in Redwood Shores (Application Deadline: 1/29/18)
- (Sat) February 24, 2018 in San Francisco (Application Deadline: 2/16/18)
- (Thu) March 8, 2018 in San Jose (Application Deadline: 3/2/18)
- (Tue) March 27, 2018 in Oakland (Application Deadline: 3/23/18)
Find Out More!
*please visit our eligibility criteria webpage for a more specifics on who qualifies for EnCorps