Times of day
A few hours per week
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
District of Columbia
Hola Cultura is a DC based, non-profit bilingual and bicultural organization that uses the arts and humanities as a means to inform, educate and promote civic engagement within the Latino community in Washington, DC. It is our core belief that the strategic development of strong cultural capital within the Latino community is crucial to our overall well-being and economic development of our communities. Become part of a growing organization that is filling a key need in the Latino community!
As a Non-profit Management volunteer, you will assist Hola Cultura’s staff in important tasks such as grant-writing, fundraising and organizational management. You will get involved in the organization’s day to day activities, collaborate with administrative tasks, while learning about community oriented not-for-profit organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree or enrolled towards a college or graduate degree or qualified experience in Non-profit Management and Administration
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to prioritize projects with minimum supervision
- Technology oriented
- Effective communication skills in English
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills--a plus
- Ability to remain objective and engage with people of all viewpoints
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the efficient operation of the organization;
- Assist with grant writing, program evaluation, and grant reporting;
- Provide administrative assistance to Board Members and Managing Director as needed;
- Answer general inquires in a professional manner;
- Run errands as necessary;
- Assist with planning and provide support at Hola Cultura events, particularly the annual TamalFest DC;
- Attend staff and board meetings and provide support during meetings as needed;
- Assist in volunteer on-boarding and off-boarding processes;
- Other duties, as needed.
Salary: This is an unpaid volunteer position
Duration: This volunteer position if for the FALL semester (from September to December)
Number of vacancies: 1
Location: This volunteer position is located in the Washington, DC metro area
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Please send your resume in PDF format.