The Blockchain & Climate Institute (BCI) is an international volunteers-led think tank supporting and advocating the application of blockchain technology in the global fight against climate change.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and enthusiastic Assistant Director-General to join our Executive leadership team (preferably based in London, but not essential). The ideal candidate is driven and experienced, and looking to make a difference to international climate change governance.
This opportunity will bring the following advantages:
- You will hone or learn new skills including research, presentation, writing, professional etiquette,
- Your mind will be mentally stimulated, hence providing you a sense of purpose;
- You will advance and boost your professional career by helping you to make professional connections and giving you real-world experience at the intersection between climate and emerging technologies; and
- Help you develop long-lasting professional relationships with others. People who come together to make the world a better place forge close connection.
What will you be doing?
With support of three Executive Officers, your main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Executive Committee with preparation of monthly e-mail updates for the Advisory Board;
- Coordinating the operations of Working Groups focusing on different climate policy areas;
- Drafting and preparing all relevant documents before and after quarterly Advisory Board meetings;
- Managing multiple calendars/diaries, meeting arrangements, conference calls and travel scheduling for the Director-General;
- Developing and implementing operational policies and procedures under the instruction of the Director-General;
- Managing all personnel matters among volunteers (e.g. probation period monitoring, reimbursement of authorised expenses); and
- Managing other ad-hoc administrative activities, and project requirements as needed; general administrative duties in support of various projects (e.g. management of the organisation’s virtual drive), etc.
What are we looking for?
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent English writing skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Proven ability to effectively multitask and prioritise work;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to follow instructions, respect authority and excellent reporting skills and follow up are a must; and
- Excellent attention to detail and proactive attitude is an indispensable skill required for this role
General & Specialist Knowledge:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office; and
- Some knowledge on topics central to the BCI such as climate change, climate finance and blockchain technology preferred.
Education & Training:
- Educated to degree level (second degree and/or professional qualification preferable , but not essential)
- At least five years of experience working in a similar role is essential, preferably acquired in a not-for-profit environment, the experience can be varied;
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office package, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint is essential to perform in this role.
- Experience of building constructive relationships with stakeholders; and
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative.