Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Hawah V. Kamara Children’s Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) community-based organization that provides education and health programs to impact the lives of underprivileged children in West Africa, Liberia.
We currently have a team of three individuals with one staff based in Liberia. We are looking for two qualified persons to be in charge of researching, writing, and obtaining grants for our organization. The position requires a flexible time commitment, and the work can be done virtually. Please note that this position requires at least a 1-year commitment.
- Conduct research for new grant opportunities
- Maintains excel list of all grant opportunities and create a calendar for posting
- Write grant proposals and submit them timely
- Submit proposals for entrepreneurial grants
- Coordinate with team to share inputs
- Weekly/ monthly check-ins
Skills/ Knowledge Requirement:
- Has grant writing skills or have taken classes in grant writing
- Effective organizing skills
- Proficiency in written communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficient at using search engines such as Google etc.
Has taken a course in grant writing; has a bachelor’s degree or is working towards a bachelor’s degree in Writing, English or in other related fields.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
What to do:
Please visit our website at www.hvkchildrensfoundation.org go to CAREERS and send us your RESUME, COVER LETTER, any CERTIFICATIONS related to the position.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RESUME OR COVER LETTER SEND TO OUR EMAIL: YOU MUST USE THE WEBSITE.
Note: The interview process of the position will be face-to-face with our CEO in Worcester, MA.