Volunteer Warehouse Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity ReStore
A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
7330 Market St
1208 S 3rd St
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity's mission: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
The ReStore is more than a thrift store!
It is a second chance. The ReStore allows Cape Fear Habitat to improve the standard of housing in our community.
Every ReStore purchase supports the mission of Cape Fear Habitat by providing household and building supply items at below market cost while protecting the environment. We resell by recycling items in good condition that might otherwise end up in the landfill and at 50% – 80% BELOW Retail!
ReStore merchandise has been donated by local retail businesses, building contractors, suppliers and individuals
- Greet customers/donors
- Assist donors/customers with loading and unloading merchandise
- Give donation receipt to donor
- Deliver donations to proper department in staging area
- Organize and display building materials
- Keep drop-off area/warehouse clean, safe and organized
- Keep aisles clear and safe
- Help keep shelves stocked and organized
- Help test electrical items
- Assist with pick-ups and deliveries if necessary
- Ability to do heavy lifting (desired but not mandatory)
- Ability to clearly explain ReStore policies and procedures
- Must be friendly with good sense of humor
- Provide “WOW” customer service
How To Apply