A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
We are looking for one or two qualified writer and editor to spearhead our newsletter, and proofread to improve other documents. Our goal is to send out monthly newsletter of our projects in Liberia to send to donors, and to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content to draw in new donors. It will be a plus if the individual also has great skills in designing marketing materials and is able to manage our social media websites.
- Research, prepare, create, and send out monthly newsletter
- Proofread, edit and improve content areas
- Review and offer comments to improve documents
- Create blog content to match organization's mission and generate headline ideas in alignment with program and targeted audiences' preference
- Check website content for accuracy and errors
- Create social media posts and post on social media (needed but not required)
- Attend staff meetings
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
- Proven experience as a writer and editor
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with, MailChimp, Wordpress, MS Office/Publisher, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
- Excellent written skills in English
BS degree in Creative Writing, English or any related fields; or we can consider a HS student with the passion to become a journalist
Knowledge is required for cultural competence.
Interested, sent your application by visiting our website. JOIN OUR TEAM IN WORCESTER
How To Apply
What to do:
Please visit our website www.hvkchildrensfoundation.org go to VOLUNTEER and send us your RESUME, COVER LETTER, any CERTIFICATIONS related to the position.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RESUME OR COVER LETTER SEND TO OUR EMAIL: YOU MUST USE THE WEBSITE.
Note: The hiring of the position will be face-to-face with our CEO.