Times of day
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Lake City Satellite Distribution Site (North Helpline)
12736 33rd Ave NE
At Lifelong our mission is to “…empower people living with or at risk of HIV and/or other chronic conditions to live healthier lives.” Lifelong has robust client management and support programs for housing, medical, wellness, dental, aging and disability client + sexual health education and prevention for both adults and youth.
The Lake City Distribution Site Coordinator Volunteer for Lifelong's Food & Nutrition program, Chicken Soup Brigade and will be the main point of contact for our volunteer delivery drivers as they pick up meals and groceries stored for delivery to our north end clients at our satellite distribution location and partner organization, North Helpline.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet Volunteer drivers and clients coming in for grocery pick-up.
- Assist drivers with pulling meals and grocery bags, and help load their vehicles.
- Read route sheets and accurately pull the correct amount of meals and groceries.
- Communicate with Distribution Specialist (Supervisor for Volunteer Delivery Drivers and Site Coordinators) in a timely, clear manner about any changes that should arise.
- Close up North Helpline building - possibly unsupervised.
- Represent Lifelong to the Lake City community.
Age Requirement: 18 years or older.
Time Commitments & Other Information:
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of six months, once per week
- Must be able to follow strict adherence to client confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be flexible, prompt and reliable.
- Training Provided
How To Apply
Please follow the link above to fill out a volunteer application. Lifelong's Volunteer Department staff will follow up with you to complete the application process.
If you have questions, please email Lifelong's Volunteer Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.