Help Share Our Work Marketing / Public Relations Protect Oceans
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Sea Save Foundation
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
22603 Pacific Coast Highway
The Sea Save Foundation team is doing a superlative job raising awareness about ocean issues, spearheading public policy efforts and documenting marine beauty and challenges.
We are looking for a crackerjack volunteer who can take the hard work that our team has accomplished share it with the world. We are always so busy getting things done that we forget to toot our own horn. That is why this position is essential. Sea Save cannot continue getting things done if the public, our stakeholders and donors do not know about our successes.
Our outreach efforts need to permeate all media - traditional print, television, speaking circuit, radio, and with out a budget! . Our social media communications are strong and consistent but rarely do they tap into a personal vein. We want our followers to know what we are doing and who we are.
We have celebrity supporters and contacts in the SCUBA and surfing industries. All our volunteers have local media potential. We want to approach these assets in a systematic, boutique fashion while building new networks and extending our reach.
As if that was not enough, we want to have fun and enjoy our volunteer time. We believe in making a difference and enjoy knowing that tomorrow will be as exciting, challenging and fulfilling as today. Let us know if this description fits you.
The ideal candidate for this position develops relationships with local, national, and international media outlets, creates strategic partnerships with other organizations, schools, and businesses, drafts press releases and promotional materials for various events with our writing team, plan a communications strategy with our project management and social media team, and responds to requests from the general public. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call (310) 458-1020.
- Design, support, and implement PR activities for our campaigns and foundation
- Work with director, project managers and social media partners
- Write and distribute press releases regarding events and organizational milestones and accomplishments
- Develop relationships with members of the media and actively look for opportunities to promote the organization
- Plan and coordinate speaking engagements and any and all opportunities to gain public exposure for Sea Save Foundation
- Research nonprofit conferences and enroll Sea Save Foundation as a presenter
- Experience in public relations or other people-oriented fields not required but a plus
- Organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (bilingual a plus)
- Able to work within a team environment
- Interested in political, economic, environmental and social issues
- International Volunteers