Data and Clerical Assistant - West Yavapai Guidance Clinic - AmeriCorps
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Arizona Serve
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
WEST YAVAPAI GUIDANCE CLINIC
Senior Peer Prevention Program
Data and Clerical Assistant
900 Hour Position
Approximately 20 hours/week
Service Location: Prescott, AZ
Service Dates: September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019
CONTACT: 520-230-2155 or email@example.com
I. ORGANIZATIONAL PURPOSE AND BACKGROUND
West Yavapai Guidance Clinic (WYGC) has been operating since 1966, bringing mental health and substance abuse services to Prescott, AZ and the surrounding areas. WYGC remains the largest local provider of mental health, crisis and addiction treatment services in western Yavapai County, serving primarily those who have low to moderate income and/or no income. The services provided by WYGC include: outpatient counseling for adults, children and families; support services for persons with serious mental illness; psychiatric services for children and adults; 16-bed psychiatric hospital for adults; vocational services for individuals with disabilities; senior peer program; chemical dependency/substance abuse outpatient and 23-bed residential program; supervised and unsupervised housing; 24-hour crisis intervention; primary care; and two pharmacies.
The Senior Peer Program of WYGC is a volunteer driven prevention program, which assists participants over the age of 60 to increase their social connections with the goal of achieving and maintaining improved well- being. The primary components are one-on-one support, free support groups, and community education and training on issues affecting seniors. The AmeriCorps member will provide clerical and other support to program staff, including entering data provided monthly by volunteers.
II. PROJECT FOCUS AREAS AND ACTIVITIES
A. Volunteer Support and Coordination: The AmeriCorps member will promote program goals by assisting the Manager and Volunteer and Participant Liaison with completing quarterly grant reports, compiling and updating the Volunteer Training Manual, assisting in developing meeting agendas, guest speakers and volunteer recognition components of the monthly meeting, supporting volunteers in managing and submitting monthly paperwork and general questions, and assisting in completing special projects as time permits.
B. Data Management: The AmeriCorps member will enter gathered data used to demonstrate effectiveness of the program’s ongoing success. He or she will ensure volunteers track and report their participant interactions and services. The member will input, aggregate, and report on the volunteer element of the Senior Peer Program.
III. Requirements and Benefits
A. Education, Skills and Abilities
● Some College or relevant experience.
● Enjoys and is comfortable working with older adults
● Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Understands and respects confidentiality requirements.
● Effective organizational skills
● Able to do data entry with accuracy.
● Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
● Self-starting and able to work independently, as well as ask team members for assistance as needed
● Ability to be flexible and work well in a variety of situations
● Proficient with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
B. AmeriCorps State Member Benefits (900 Hour)
● $6,265 living allowance during term of service
● Upon completion of service, part-time (900 hour) AmeriCorps members receive a $2,907.50 education award that can be applied to educational costs or student loans
● Members participate in 10 (2-hour) trainings that qualify them for a Certificate in Civic Leadership and 4 college credits from Prescott College
● Team support and coaching
Arizona Serve is committed to diversity in the workplace. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Prescott College is a proud participant in the Employers of National Service initiative.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please download the AmeriCorps State application: HERE
This application is a fillable PDF file. Save and submit your completed application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided