Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
We invite university students / young professionals as international volunteers to join our internship program in India transforming lives and bringing hope for a better future!
Qualified applicants will contribute in the following ways:
- learning about our work, culture, the types of structures in India (with wood and other materials), as well as the carpentry customs of the construction industry in India.
- learn about poor marginalized people, their economic needs, and how bamboo carpentry / building / repair skills can empower them to better livelihood.
- In cooperation with a local bamboo workers, develop a carpentry skills training class that will be relevant to a wide variety of types of people, and transferrable to a variety of cultures within India. Document the curriculum, run pilot programs, make revisions and implement.
- Train Indian trainers/leaders to take over the carpentry training program and implement it on a regional level as appropriate and directed.
The internship program provides free accomodation and experiential learning opportunity in cross-cultural settings.
Visit our website www.ecodeva.org for more details
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
To apply, email the following to - email@example.com
- Cover letter including your motivations, fields of work interest, desired period of your stay (with start and finish dates) and expectations; - A CV/resume including the contact information of a reference;