Impact the Opioid Crisis with AmeriCorps
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Central Colorado Area Health Education Center
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Colorado AmeriCorps Community Opioid Response Program (CORP) is a statewide initiative utilizing 12 AmeriCorps members assigned to six regional Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) who will provide support to local communities that are implementing strategies to reduce the impact of opioid abuse throughout Colorado.
Reports to: Site Supervisor & Program Managers
Service Position Summary: This member supports provider education events around safe prescribing practices, plans and executes community educational events on administration of Naloxone, and coordinates and delivers youth-focused opioid-related educational programming and resources. This member may also plan and execute community education on safe disposal, disseminate opioid-related messaging campaigns; and initiate, support, and enhance community-based collaborations. Amount of time spent in focused service areas will vary depending on community need.
• Support planning and execution of provider education events lasting a minimum of two hours each per year
• Plan and execute community events on administration of Naloxone
• Coordinate and deliver youth-focused opioid related educational programming
• Initiate, support and enhance community-based collaborations/coalitions with lead local partners
• Collect, document and report quantitative and qualitative impact data for quarterly progress reports and monthly impact statements
• Accurately and professionally discuss with community partners and volunteers the objectives of the AmeriCorps program, positive youth development, and site-specific objectives
• Recruit and train community volunteers to assist with programs
• Manage relationships with partner sites
• Commit to complete your term of service
· Complete contract service hours (1700 hours, 1200 hours, or 900 hours) during service term, and site-specific responsibilities.
• Participate in on-going trainings and events as required and requested by AmeriCorps and/or CO AHEC Regions.
· Assist in developing and delivering program training content
• Participate in National Days of Service
· Follow Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) prohibited activities guidelines
• Accurately complete and submit enrollment paperwork and reports
• Have dependable transportation to and from host site, program/partner site, and programming activities
• Wear official AmeriCorps identity items such as name tag, T-shirts, and lapel pins during all AmeriCorps service
• Participate in performance reviews with the Site Supervisor and Program Managers
• Meet regularly with site supervisor to discuss programming topics and issues
• Represent AmeriCorps, COAHEC Regions, host site, and program/partner sites in a professional manner
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
To Apply: Positions are available in counties across Colorado. Applications will only be accepted online at
http://tinyurl.com/AmeriCorps2018. For more information about the program, please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.