Pathways to Employment AmeriCorps VISTA - Atlantic Impact
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Michigan Nonprofit Association Civic Engagement AmeriCorps VISTA Program
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
1053 Van Dyke St
Experiential learning opportunities have been shown to help students learn and retain information, critically think about what they’re learning, and engage more deeply with content and lessons. Atlantic Impact provides these opportunities to students in Detroit. Their experiential learning opportunities span neighborhood boundaries, expand networks, and spark educational curiosity. As one of two VISTAs serving with the organization, you will work with multiple public high schools in Detroit to provide experiential learning opportunities related to college access, enrollment, retention, and career success. By making learning more active and engaging, you’ll help foster a culture of curiosity and growth, inspiring students to pursue these passions in their education and career, ultimately helping them break the cycle of poverty.
As our VISTA with Atlantic Impact you will:
• Recruit and retain students to participate in the program.
• Schedule and plan campus visits and career exposure field trips.
• Plan and facilitate lunch-time career readiness sessions.
• Recruit participants for intensive college readiness programming to take place in the summer.
• Collaborate with Atlantic Impact staff to organize and facilitate intensive college readiness summer programs.
Program benefits include:
• Living Allowance
• Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
• Housing Stipend
• Relocation Allowance
• Child assistance if eligible
• Healthcare Allowance*
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided