A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Walnut Creek Village is one of a group of 200+ established and more than 150 forming Villages throughout the country. We are a community within a community led by older adults who share their skills, support and expertise with each other to navigate the challenges and opportunities of aging. We provide volunteers to assist with driving, gardening, pet sitting, and other small tasks that become harder to handle as we age. Rather than a physical location where people live, a Village is a dynamic association of people helping one another to age in their own homes and community. We are based in Walnut Creek, CA.
Walnut Creek Village opened on September 25, 2017. We are looking for a Technical Specialist to join our team.The Technical Specialist provides IT support, trouble-shooting, and problem solving to keep our systems in operation.
Location of Work
WCV uses a “Virtual Office” for operations. The Technical Specialist will work at home or other location of his/her choice and attend meetings and events in the Walnut Creek area.
· Manage and maintain all technology used in the virtual office: Google Voice, Google Calendar, Sharepoint, Mailchimp, Helpful Village, Slack
· Trouble-shoot system problems
· Support virtual office volunteers, Executive Committee members, the Webmaster, and other Walnut Creek Village volunteers in their use of Village technology
· Support Village members who request technical assistance for their computers, phones, tablets
· Prior successful experience in a customer-facing technology role such as help desk or tech support
· Demonstrated information technology expertise in a for profit or not-for-profit organization
· Knowledge of: Wordpress, PHP, MySQL helpful but not required
· Experience with the technology listed above
· Problem-solving expertise and demonstrated resourcefulness in helping non-technical people with systems challenges
The Village exists for the benefit of members. The Technical Specialisthas a key role providing promised services to them. The Operations Team Leaderdefines the service levels provided to members and ensures that they are met. The Technical Specialist helps meet those service levels by keeping our systems in good operating order.
- Training Provided