South Africa - Wildlife Photography and Conservation
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by GoEco - Volunteer Abroad
Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Short-Term (few weeks/months)
Volunteer in South Africa and have the opportunity to photograph the phenomenal wildlife in the area while exploring the beautiful surroundings.
Volunteers from all over the world have the chance to travel to Thanda, South Africa and photograph some of the most stunning wildlife on the planet. Professional photographers assist volunteers in improving their photography skills, updating a comprehensive database of species for educational purposes, and participating in local conservation projects.
Volunteer Work and Contribution:
- Improve photography skills in a 3-day intensive course taught by an experienced professional photographer
- Stay in the heart of a Big 5 Game Reserve
- Take pictures of the extensive wildlife on regular game drives.
- Learn and photograph smaller species of flora and fauna on bush walks
- Help to create a photo database for awareness and educational purposes
- Help raise awareness in the local community about the importance of conservation
- Assist on conservation initiatives within the park such as snare sweeps and alien plant control
Upon arrival, volunteers will have a comprehensive orientation and a 3-day course, which is included in the fee. This is facilitated by the project volunteer coordinator.
What's included in this project:
- Accommodation: Comfortable cabins on the reserve for 2 people
- Food: 3 meals a day
- Airport pickup: Included on arrival day
- Orientation kit: Full project details will be sent following registration
- Training: Pre-departure preparation and In-country orientation
- Support: Local in-country team and 24-hour emergency support
Get involved and begin the journey of your lifetime!!
Language/Cultural Support Available
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, visit ourSouth Africa - Wildlife Photography and Conservationsite page, or firstname.lastname@example.org