Documentary Administrative Assistant
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by "I Identify as Me" Documentary | Sponsored by Independent Arts & Media
A few hours per week
Position Summary: The creators of the I Identify as Me documentary are currently seeking a volunteer with a variety of communication and administrative skills who can work closely with the Directors/Producers, and the Director of Photography to collaborate and help bring this documentary into fruition.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about social justice, working within the LGBTQ+ community, wants to learn to fund-raise, secure sponsors, organize events, learn about filming, while helping people to stay
organized and on-task.
Mission: The I Identify as Me documentary is a social justice project to create visibility for queer-trans people of color
(QTPOC) who are masculine-presenting or gender fluid woman and people.
This documentary will educate allies and potential allies of the idea of gender/gender roles, female fluidity, and gender nonconformity while providing much-needed representation for a sector of the LGBTQ+ community that is rarely seen in media and/or entertainment.
Duties and Responsibilities
This person would become involved with activities:
● Sourcing Sponsors
● Press Releases
● Event Planning
● Calendar Organizing
● Onset assistance to the Director of Photography
● Administrative tasks as needed
This person should have a:
● Variety of office skills
● E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, (MS Access would be a plus)
● Google Suite
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Highly organized and professional
● Adaptable to changes
● Ability to work from home
● Have access to a computer
● Have access to social media
● Desktop Publishing skills preferred
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers