When it comes to elections it can be so hard to find out who the candidates are that you can vote for.
This means that so many people either don’t vote or, if they do, find it difficult to determine who is the candidate who most represents their views.
With the UK’s local elections taking place on 3rd May 2018, it’s more urgent than ever that people know who they can vote for.
Become part of a community 1000s of contributors who are helping people know who they can vote for at this year’s election.
Main Purpose of Job
To lobby 2018 UK local election candidates to provide a statement of support to voters, so people know who they can vote for and what their candidates believe in.
- Lobby candidates to provide a 600 word statement of support outlining their positions on key issues.
- Contact candidates and their offices.
- Research details of candidates for the 2018 UK local elections.
- Find social media profiles for candidates.
- Provide information on candidates missing from the database.
- Input relevant information into the database.
- Ability to process information.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- General understanding of UK politics is desirable.
The time commitment can be as little as 4 hours per week, depending on your availability.
The role will be performed remotely.
As the role is as a volunteer, it is unpaid, but it offers a great opportunity to gain experience, while helping to change the world!
Whatever cause you care about, whatever skill you have, if you want to change the world, then become a Changemaker by applying today.
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
Apply by signing up to become a Changemaker here: https://www.wemakechange.org/sign-up/