Times of day
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The fundraising component of LAFF's work aims to increase funds from Trusts and Foundations, schools and universities in order to financially support LAFF's programmes. Working with LAFFF's communications coordinator, this fundraising focused role maintains and improves LAFF's international and local visibility through innovative strategies and raises awareness about various socioeconomic problems, in particular, those affecting young people in Peru, in order to increase local and international funding support. The fundraising strategy consists of identifying fundraising possibilities; writing proposals to trusts, foundations, and businesses; and engaging with schools and universities. The focus is also placed on ensuring that all funders receive updated information and appropriate gratitude/recognition for their support.
- Plan, develop, and carry our LAFF's fundraising activities
- Research potential funding opportunities and draft funding proposals with the participation of other LAFF team members, depending on the programme area
- Ensure all current donors are recognised for their support and are well informed of progress on the ground through timely and relevant reports and updates
- Launch campaigns encouraging fundraising activities for LAFF's supporters
- Manage and develop LAFF's ambassador's programme
- Maintain and update a fundraising strategy
- Ensure that the fundraising practices reflect the priorities, mission, and vision of LAFF.
- Network and forge links with relevant stakeholders and organisations (including current and potential donors, companies, trusts, foundations, schools, and universities and other supporters) to ensure continued support for existing and new initiatives and the engagement of our supporters in all fundraising activities
- Ensure that all supporters have regular contact with the young people they are supporting
- Undergraduate degree (or currently enrolled in) Languages, International relations, marketing or a related field.
- A year work or experience in fundraising is highly desirable
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Intermediate or advanced Spanish skills desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest in acquiring communications or international development experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Highly organised, flexible, independent, culturally sensitive, with the ability to multitask
- Experience / good knowledge of using social media
- Good Knowledge of MS office
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
To complete the application process you need to fill in the Application Form (you can find this at the above URL). You also need to send us your CV.