A few hours per month
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
379 West Broadway
Children in Conflict
Board of Directors Recruitment Pack – Treasurer
About Children in Conflict
Children in Conflict believe in providing the vital protection, education, and hope children need to restore some stability when their world has been disrupted by war.
Working through our partners, War Child UK, Children in Conflict provides support in seven conflict affected countries across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. We have one shared mission; to protect, educate and stand up for the rights of children in war.
Children in Conflict supports the delivery of programs that reach children as early as possible when conflict breaks out, and stays to support them through their recovery – helping to keep them safe, give them an education, and equip them with skills for the future.
Together with War Child UK, Children in Conflict understands children’s needs, respects their rights, and puts them at the center of the solution - from supporting Syrian children's access to education, to reintegrating child soldiers in the Central African Republic and promoting justice for young people in detention in Afghanistan.
Children in Conflict also supports work with children and young people to change the systems and practices that affect them, campaigning on the root causes of conflict and demanding that children are at the center of any humanitarian response.
The current Board have expertise in a number of different areas. We are now looking for a new Treasurer to join the team. Position summary and purpose:
Purpose: To oversee and report on the association’s finances
The Treasurer monitors and reports on the agency’s financial condition and affairs. The Treasurer ensures board members are fully aware of the organisation’s finances and fiscal position so that they may fulfill their fiduciary obligations for the agency. The Treasurer also helps ensure the agency establishes and follows an adequate Corporate Compliance program and internal controls. The Treasurer works closely with the Executive Director and fiscal staff to develop and present to the board the annual budget. The Treasurer serves on the Finance Committee, typically serving as the Committee Chair. The Treasurer reports to the Board Chair.
Board Treasurer Responsibilities
Directors work closely with Children in Conflict’s Executive Director and Management Team to achieve our goals, and are responsible for key financial areas, including:
1. Carries out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors
2. Assists in the preparation of the budget.
3. Monitors the budget.
4. Ensures the Board's financial policies are being followed.
5. Reports to the Board of Directors and general membership on finances.
6. Prepares any required financial reporting forms.
7. Oversees all bank accounts.
8. Oversees the systems for processing, approving and recording all financial transactions.
9. Treasurer's signature should appear on all checks of the organization above the threshold
10. identified in the board’s delegation of authority to the executive, with the second signature from any of the board's other directors or staff with signing authority.
11. Chairs the finance committee and ensures it fulfills its governance function.