Part time (10-30 hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
The Grant Writer is responsible for supporting the Director of Development in securing public and private grants for AsylumConnect. You will work to identify and apply for all relevant grant opportunities. As a grant writer for AsylumConnect, you will play a pivotal role in attracting much-needed funding to our cause.
- Report to (and work closely with) the Director of Development.
- Research and evaluate public and private grant opportunities to pursue.
- Prepare drafts of letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and other funding applications.
- Maintain up-to-date records of past, current, and upcoming funding opportunities.
- Perform other fundraising related duties as requested.
- Interest/background in one or more of the following area(s): nonprofit fundraising, grant writing / research, proposal development.
- Previous experience applying for and securing major grants strongly preferred.
- Excellent written communication (English) skills: ability to help craft compelling letters of inquiry and grant proposals.
- Strong research skills and attention to detail: research potential public and private grants.
- You are a skilled writer, self-motivated, and enthusiastic about AsylumConnect.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- If you have a sample letter of inquiry or grant proposal, please also include it in your application to: email@example.com.
How To Apply
- Why AsylumConnect? What specifically about our cause resonates with you? (Maximum of 300 words)
- Why are YOU the right person for this position? (Maximum of 400 words)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your answers to the above application questions along with your resume/cv. *If you have a sample letter of inquiry or grant proposal, please also include it in your application.