AmeriCorps Disaster Cycle Services Associate - Kalamazoo
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by American Red Cross - Michigan Region
Full time (30+ hrs/wk)
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Kalamazoo Red Cross
5640 Venture Ct
The Together We Prepare AmeriCorps program, partnered with the Michigan Region of the American Red Cross is looking to recruit a Disaster Cycle Services Associate. Under the direction of the Disaster Program Manager, the Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) Associate is responsible for the successful development, coordination, and overall growth of the Disaster Preparedness Education Services program within their defined service site chapter. The DCS Associate will assist in all phases of the disaster cycle: Preparedness, Response, and Recovery. Members will also participate in activities related to volunteer recruitment and management, professional development training, networking opportunities, and community engagement activities.
AmeriCorps (pronounced "Ameri-Core) is a National Service program that partners with non-profit organizations throughout the United States. Benefits of this program include a living allowance paid in bi-weekly payments, an education award upon successful completion of a term of service, and free health care coverage. Also available to eligible individuals is student loan forbearance, student loan interest payments, and child care assistance.
This listing is specifically for the Ann Arbor Office of the American Red Cross, serving Washtenaw, Lenawee, and Monroe counties.
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- U.S. Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Residence of the U.S.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Submit to a three-part criminal history check, including FBI fingerprinting
DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS
- College degree (associate’s degree or higher)
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others
- Ability to adapt to needs of the community as well as changes in policy, procedure, and/or other areas of service.
- Demonstrate professionalism, flexibility and initiative
- Experience in social work, criminal justice, fire science, and/or emergency management
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via written and oral methods
- Interest or experience in disaster relief and preparedness
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking and group facilitation
- Ability to mobilize on national disaster assignments lasting two-three weeks
- Stipend Provided
- Training Provided
How To Apply
For more information or if you need help applying, please contact Angelita Mercado at email@example.com.