Fundraising Project Leader: Corporate Giftmatching (Remote)
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Save the Water™
A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Project Leader you are required to contribute a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Project Leader must be willing to attend meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 24 hours.
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
Save the water™ is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW™ also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science and STEM careers.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW™, because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We collaborate and learn in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all".
To learn more about Save the Water™, please visit www.savethewater.org
- Manage on average 2-3 volunteers within the Corporate Giftmatching Team, holding them accountable for their work.
- Identify, prospect, and cultivate strategic relationships with potential sponsors, partners, and other supporters.
- Using a consultative engagement approach, work with prospects to gain a clear understanding of their needs, and develop customized sponsorship proposal packages.
- Communicate with a sponsor to ensure full activation and timely reporting on a package.
- Contribute to the strategy development and design of the Corporate Giftmatching program.
- Plan and conduct weekly Corporate Giftmatching Team meeting, including sending agenda, taking meeting minutes, and follow up.
- Assist the Director of Fundraising in hiring and training new volunteers.
- Attend biweekly Fundraising Group meeting to provide a report on your team’s progress.
- Keep personal Timesheet current on a weekly basis.
- Ensure team’s Timesheet are kept current on a weekly basis.
- This position reports to the Director of Fundraising.
- Bachelors degree completed or equivalent work experience (at least 3 years full time paid corporate/non - profit work experience).
- Experience in corporate sponsorship, marketing, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience in cultivating major fundraising campaigns via Corporate Philanthropic Donations and Sponsorship Campaigns, Online Fundraising etc.
- Successful track record of meeting/exceeding fundraising goals in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience in creating successful direct mail, marketing materials, online giving appeals including social media, and campaigns including integration of e-commerce platform for a payment gateway.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with fundraising databases and implementing best practices.
- Minimum 3+ years of fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM or other Customer Relationship Management or equivalent software.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Outstanding organizational ability, with focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Capacity for self-direction, with tact and diplomacy, and for working cooperatively.
- Effective oral communication skills and a clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrated project management skills an asset.
How to Apply:
If interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com
- International Volunteers