A few hours per week
Long-Term (6 months-1 year)
Mosqoy’s translators play an integral part of the organization, as they are the bridge across cultures, communicating our materials and stories between languages and countries. Without these positions, we do not successfully uphold our values of accessibility, relationships, fairness, and inclusivity. This position will translate written material on our website from English to French.
Mosqoy is a registered Canadian charitable organization that works in remote communities of the Peruvian Andes, promoting opportunities for economic development while nurturing their threatened indigenous Quechua culture. We operate two social enterprises that support our three main programs: the Q’ente Textile Program, which supports indigenous communities and women weavers by revitalizing textile traditions and selling their fair-trade products; the T’ikary Youth Program, which offers promising youth of the region opportunities for post-secondary education; and the Mink’a Knowledge Exchange Program, which encourages responsible travel and consumption in the Global North (like Canada) through courses, workshops, and our Mosqoy Field School. For more information, please visit www.mosqoy.org or www.facebook.com/mosqoy.
● Volunteer position
● Remote work with opportunities to attend Mosqoy events in Victoria, Canada or Cusco, Peru
● Varies depending on the volunteer’s availability (min. 5 hours per month)
● Flexible, unconventional schedule
● Minimum 6-month commitment
● Start date: Flexible (as soon as possible)
● Translating written website content from English to French
● Working in collaboration with our French Editors to ensure continuity of written communication across the website
● Native language English
● Advanced French language skills (near fluency). All translated material will be reviewed by a native French speaker so we encourage applications from those who have high competency through French Immersion or Upper-Level post-secondary French courses.
● Ability to work as part of a virtual/distributed team
● Ability to work independently on deadline
● Accountability and trustworthiness
● Coursework or studies in translation/interpretation
● Familiarity with themes of cultural preservation and international development
- International Volunteers
How To Apply
For further questions, or to apply, please contact our Recruitment Officer at email@example.com. Complete applications consist of 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) names, phone numbers, and email addresses of two references.
Application Deadline: The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. First-come first-serve basis.