Have 30 minutes free? You can help Tulsa's youth get to their essential support service appointments!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Modus
A few hours per month
In Tulsa, 6,000 teens cannot access the important medical and social services they need because they do not have transportation.
That's 6,000 teens who suffer with decreased physical and mental health, who could end up having poorer educational outcomes and lower employment rates due to their decreased abilities, when that doesn't have to be the case at all.
We are Modus.
Modus is a non-profit that works to make sure all of Tulsa's youth can access essential medical and support services and be independent through mobility. We do this by offering a training program to teach local 9th graders how to use Tulsa Transit and offer a volunteer-based transportation service where we partner with different agencies around Tulsa to help get their youth clients to and from their appointments safely and on-time.
Modus is currently looking for eager volunteer drivers who are willing to use their own vehicle to take youth clients of our partner agencies to and/or from their appointment.
- A flexible schedule, where you, the volunteer, gets to choose the ride(s) based on when you are free and able to do so. Scheduled rides take place anytime between 8:00AM and 8:00PM, Monday-Thursday, with most rides taking a total of 30 minutes.
- Opportunities for training sessions to learn valuable skills related to not only this opportunity but potentially to other volunteer work you may do.
- Mileage Reimbursement is available but is completely optional!
- Plus, a chance to make a difference in someone's life with a small and simple act of kindness.
With your help, you can make our mission possible, to void the transportation barrier between Tulsa's youth and their access to health care and social services so they can be great citizens for our future.
Such a small commitment with a big impact. Only you can drive change.
To learn more, email Caitlin Roughface at email@example.com, or visit www.modustulsa.org
- Training Provided
How To Apply
- Must be 21 or older
- Must have at least 2 years of driving experience
- Must have a safe and reliable vehicle
- Must carry vehicle insurance and a valid Oklahoma driver's license
- Must own a smart phone
- Must have no criminal record [background check is required]