Give 1 hour or more for youth empowerment music camp!
- Volunteer Opportunity posted by Bay Area Girls Rock Camp
Have an hour (or more!) to spare? Email email@example.com or call our office at 510-267-1808 if you or someone you know is interested in volunteering for the following:
- camp set up (Sat, June 9)
- roadie between camp sessions (Sat, July 7; Sat, July 21)
- camp break down (Fri, July 27; Mon, July 30)
- front desk receptionist (Mon-Fri 8-5pm)*
- roadie during camp (Mon-Fri 12:30-1:30pm and 4:30-5:30pm)*
- kitchen crew (Mon-Fri 8-4pm)*
- saturday showcase crew (June 16, July 14, July 28): roadie, stage manager, tuner, merch table, door, recording audio or video, photographer
- food pick-up and delivery (flexible)
- computer work (flexible)
*These positions are during the camp sessions below:
Session 1: Camp June 11th - 15th
Session 2 (Teen Week): Camp July 9th - 13th
Session 3: Camp July 23rd - 27th
WHO: Bay Area Girls Rock Camp is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers young people through music, promoting an environment that fosters self-confidence, creativity and teamwork. Although our camp centers the experiences of young women, we are committed to gender justice and creating an inclusive environment that supports a wide range of marginalized gender identities and expressions.
WHAT: Our summer camp is a week-long program for young people ages 8-18. There are three sessions. Campers attend instrument lessons, form a band, collaboratively write an original song, participate in daily music and empowerment-related workshops, and perform with their band at a live showcase at the end of the week. We are looking for volunteers to help move in, facilitate and move out camp.
NEXT STEP: Let us know how you are interested in helping out by contacting Princess Pei Pei, Program and Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 510-267-1808. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Bay Area Girls Rock Camp!
- Training Provided
- International Volunteers